The OpenDOF “Suitcase” Demonstration shows how a DOF application could be used to track the location of a suitcase and monitor any physical impacts it may receive in transit.
- Download the application to your Android device.
- Install the application using your device’s installation utilities.
(Refer to your device’s instruction manual for details.)
- Configure the application from the Menu > Settings window.
• Launch the application and scan the QR code (2) on the Demo “postcard.”
– or –
• Enter the setup information manually (below).
- Launch the application.
- Select Menu > Settings.
- Enter the following credentials.
Host – dsp.elc2015.opendof.org
Port – 3567
Suitcase ID/Email – null
Domain – [6:elc2015.opendof.org]
Identity – [6:elc2015.opendof.org]
Password – EmbeddedLinux2015
- Accept the changes.
Your Android device is now a virtual suitcase.
Here’s what you can do:
- Weight. You can change the weight of your suitcase using the +/- keys and see the realtime changes.
- Lock/Unlock. You can lock and unlock your suitcase as well as view the lock status.
- Location. You can track the location of your suitcase. The location is given in latitude, longitude, and elevation (meters).
(This information is dependent on the accuracy and availability of your device’s location features.)
Connection Indicator. This indicator shows the current connection status.
- Green: The device is connected and sending data.
- Yellow: The device is connected but not sending/receiving data.
- Red: The device is not connected.
The suitcase application will provide four different DOF Interfaces. You can create a requestor to your suitcase using the credentials found in the settings. Below are links to download the interface descriptions.