Java Self-Guided Training for OpenDOFJava training from beginning to end...
Self-Guided Training Instructions
Training involves a lot of planning when it comes to IoT frameworks. The OpenDOF Project believes that training should be easy and accessible to all. With that in mind, we have created a complete path (from Introductory to Advanced) training that not only teaches you what DOF Technology is, but how you can use it!
The trainings are listed, in order, and represented by an image; all are linked to their corresponding training and will open in a new tab.
It is important that you follow the path!
DOF Technology has terms, definitions and concepts that are important to learn and understand.
Estimated times for each training are as follows:
- Training Introduction-An Overview of DOF Technology – https://opendof.org/training-introduction-an-overview-of-dof-technology/ (estimated time to complete: 10 minutes)
- Understanding the DOF Object Model – https://opendof.org/understanding-the-dof-object-model/ (estimated time to complete: 20 minutes)
- Interface Design Concepts (download, PDF) – https://opendof.org/downloads/interface-design-concepts-object-model/ (estimated time to complete: 20-30 minutes)
- Self-Guided Training for Java (download, Eclipse plugin) – https://opendof.org/eclipse-java-training/ (estimated time to complete: 4-6 hours)
- SDks – The sdk-dof-essentials and sdk-opendof-java-7 contain crucial documentation, tools, components and the libraries required for developing your own applications. (https://opendof.org/downloads/sdk-dof-essentials-2/ | https://opendof.org/downloads/sdk-opendof-java-7-1-1/)
- OpenDOF IoT Router (Amazon AWS account required) – https://opendof.org/cloud-connectivity-in-minutes/ (estimated time to complete: 1 hour)