DOF credential types allow for extendable methods of identifying and authenticating nodes. DOF Specification Security.3 requires registration with the OpenDOF Technical Committee (OpenDOF TC) of credential types before they may be used in a product.
The process for registration involves the following steps:
- Submit your request to the OpenDOF TC at email@example.com, containing:
- A justification for the new credential type.
- A detailed design. The design should be done together with an OpenDOF TC working group.
- If approved, the OpenDOF TC will assign a credential type and provide any other feedback.
- The OpenDOF TC will publish the new credential type.
|0||reserved||DOF Security Specification|
|1||Shared, 256-bit private key.||Shared Key Identification Specification|
|2||Shared password using SRP.||SRP Identification Specification|